Terms and Conditions
Please read all the terms and conditions carefully and keep a copy for your records.
1. Please note that all transactions will be carried out in Sterling.
2. Making a contract with us. Once you have placed your order, confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail complete with Transaction and Order Reference numbers. When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order. Once we have checked the price and availability of the goods, we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us. We will not take payment from you until we have accepted your order. If we believe the order to be fraudulent we reserve the right to decline processing the order. In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. If the goods are not available, we may supply you with substitute goods. We will advise you of this before dispatch. Prices are subject to change at any time.
3. Orders will only be accepted at the sole discretion on management. We reserve the right to decline any transaction for any reason. You may place an order by telephone, in writing, or via our website. An order does not form a contract until accepted by us.
4. Delivery. We offer flat rate delivery to mainland UK by signed for courier or Royal Mail delivery in certain cases. You must provide us with an address where the goods can be received and signed for and a telephone number. The courier will make up to three attempts to deliver the goods before returning them to us. If they leave a card it is your responsibility to contact the courier and arrange collection or redelivery within 5 days.
If the goods are damaged in transit (sign as "damaged" when courier delivers) please let us know in writing immediately. There is a surcharge for courier delivery to Northern Ireland and all offshore British Islands - Including Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands etc. Please do not purchase before examining the calculated charge which is based on weight and area. Refer to the checkout page to see the charges. Until you have completed the checkout no contract exists and you can abandon all orders.
Note: All shoes are sent by courier and must be signed for.
5. Cancellation and returns This policy does not apply to the following goods, which are exempt from the right to cancel: any item with customisation or personalisation. You can cancel your contract at any time up to 14 days after the day of delivery (and 30 days for faulty/damaged goods). To do this, please e-mail us or write to us. You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future. If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage. If you fail to return the goods, we will collect them, and we will charge you the direct cost of collection. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value. This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights — for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
Please do not rely on the success of an email being delivered. If in any doubt write to us at our contact address using recorded mail. Exchanges- you bear the cost of return postage and for re-postage of exchange item unless we accept that we made a mistake or the item was faulty. Please enclose the original amount of postage with your return item or contact us to pay by phone. Please Send all returns and exchanges to Cathcart Elliot, 49 Burrell Street, Crieff, PH7 4DG, United Kingdom. Tel +44 (0)1764 784524.
Please note: tailored/personalised items are excluded from returns unless damaged or faulty.
6. Frauds or attempted frauds will be dealt with severely - we will always report it and take necessary action.
7. Goods remain the property of Harbourplace Limited T/A Cathcart Elliot ® until full and final payment is received.
8. Overseas customers are responsible for any duties payable if applicable.
9. Changes to these terms. These terms were last changed on 12.12.2016. These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.